The Cruise Development Fund (CDF) supports cruise industry players such as cruise lines, travel agents, charterers and trainers in activities that will build strong consumer demand for cruises from Singapore.
The CDF is open to cruise lines, travel agents, charterers and industry trainers.
Proposed projects should fall under one of the following categories:
- For cruise lines:
- Deployment of new ships to Singapore
- Extension of existing deployments out of Singapore
- For travel agents:
- Deployment and marketing of cruise packages with pre/post stays in Singapore
- For charterers:
- Chartering of cruise sailings out of Singapore, preferably with bundling of pre/post land packages in Singapore
- For Industry trainers:
- Development of training courses to promote Singapore as a cruising destination
- For cruise lines / charterers / travel agents / industry trainers:
- Marketing feasibility studies relating to cruising from Singapore
For more information and any queries on the grant scheme, you may contact:
1) STB Cruise division at
2) STB Incentive Policy Department at
For any feedback or suggestions, you may email the Quality Service Manager at
STB_qsm@stb.gov.sg or leave your message
LEVEL OF SUPPORT
Successful applicants will receive funding support of up to 50% of qualifying costs, subject to the scope of the project and STB's evaluation of the merits of the project. Qualifying costs may include third-party costs relating to consumer and trade marketing, development of pre/post-cruise experiences, themed cruise, travel agent training activities, and professional services for market feasibility studies.
Proposals will be assessed on how they:
- Grow cruise sailings out of Singapore
- Drive cruise passenger traffic from source markets
- Drive overall contribution to Singapore in terms of economic impact and growth of Singapore's cruise industry
APPLICATION PROCESSInterested applicants are advised to provide an executive summary / brief description of the proposed project to STB_Incentives@stb.gov.sg. An STB Officer will be in touch to assist you further. The STB officer in-charge of your project will advise you if your proposed project is eligible for CDF and to proceed with the application.
Please note that projects that have commenced prior to STB’s offer of the grant may not be eligible.
DISBURSEMENT OF GRANT
Grants will be disbursed to successful applicants on a reimbursement basis, subject to achievement of the agreed project deliverables and milestones. Applicants are required to submit third-party audited documents on qualifying costs for the disbursement of grants, unless otherwise stated.