LEVEL OF SUPPORT
For Small Medium Enterprise (SME)
Successful SME applicants will receive funding support of up to 70% of qualifying costs.
Successful non-SME applicants will receive funding support of up to 50% of qualifying costs.
The Hotel Retrofitting Grant is only applicable to eligible projects submitted before 30 June 2018. Funding support is awarded based on STB's evaluation of the scope and merits of the project.
Qualifying costs should be third-party costs, and related or directly attributing to productivity outcome of projects. Applicants are to apportion the qualifying costs accordingly in the application. For example:
- Professional services such as productivity consultants
- On-site retrofitting works that may involve:
- Civil & Structural - e.g. piling, demolition
- Builder Works - e.g. external building facade, installation of window system
- Fittings - e.g. installation of customised fixtures that may include cabinets, counters
- Mechanical & Electrical Works - e.g. installation of lighting system, linen chute system
- Testing and certification in relation to ensure compliance with required standards
- Training that is an intrinsic component of the project
Non-Qualifying Costs include:
- Internal manpower costs
- Mobile Furniture & Furnishings - e.g. movable chairs, tables
- Decorative Items - e.g. paintings, sculptures
- Peripheral Items - e.g. curtains, mirrors
- Interior Works - e.g. wallpapering
- Works related to energy efficiency improvements
- Infrastructure upgrading and installation of Wi-Fi/broadband/fibre optics
- Cost of equipment that are essential for daily business operations, e.g. AHU (air-conditioning), light bulbs
- Off-the-shelf packaged solutions
- Maintenance costs
- Marketing costs
 At least 30% local (Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident) shareholding, and group annual sales turnover not more than S$100 million or group employment size not more than 200 employees.
Proposed projects will be assessed on how they improve productivity and competitiveness of the hotels and/or the hotels industry.
Please note that projects that have commenced prior to STB's offer of the grant may not be eligible. Applicants are encouraged to contact STB at least 12 weeks in advance of project commencement.
Step 1: Pre-Application
a. Interested applicants are encouraged to provide an executive summary of the proposed project to STB_Incentives@stb.gov.sg. (Download executive summary template here.)
b. An STB officer will be in touch to assist you further.
c. The STB officer in charge of your project will advise you if your proposed project is eligible for BIF – Hotel Retrofitting Grant and to proceed with the application.
Step 2: Application
a. Prepare the project proposal for submission with your application. (Download project proposal template here.)
b. Prepare the relevant quotations for cost items for submission with your application.
c. Log on to the Business Grants Portal (BGP) with your CorpPass to apply for BIF – Hotel Retrofitting Grant.
d. Follow these steps:
- i. Click on ‘Get new grant’
- ii. Select ‘Tourism’ and click ‘Next’
- iii. Select ‘I need this grant’ to ‘Upgrade key business areas’ and click ‘Next’
- iv. Under ‘Which best describes the area you will develop with this grant’, select ‘Enhancing Business Processes for Productivity’ and click ‘Next’
- v. Proceed to complete the application form
e. With complete information on hand, it should take about 30mins to complete the online application.
f. Please note that all applications are subject to STB’s approval.
Applications for BIF - Hotel Retrofitting Grant are to be submitted through the Business Grants Portal (BGP) before 30 June 2018.
DISBURSEMENT OF GRANT
Grants will be disbursed to successful applicants on a reimbursement basis, subject to achievement of the agreed project deliverables and milestones. Applicants are required to submit third-party audited documents on qualifying costs for the disbursement of grants, unless otherwise stated.