LEVEL OF SUPPORT
The Double Tax Deduction (DTD) for Approved International Fair (AIF) scheme allows approved companies to deduct against their taxable income twice the eligible expenses incurred for participating in AIF events held in Singapore.
Expenses eligible for consideration include:
- Space / stand rental costs;
- Stand construction costs;
- Stand decoration costs;
- Publicity costs (e.g. printing of event-related corporate brochures, advertising, multimedia, banners/posters);
- Insurance for exhibits (for the duration of trade fair only);
- Cost of inviting up to 2 overseas buyers (i.e. airfare and accommodation) for the duration of event; and
- Other incidental expenses as approved by STB.
Non-eligible expenses include out-of-pocket expenses, telecommunication cost, general software e.g. Microsoft Word, GST, bank interest, purchase of fixed assets, souvenirs, cash incentive, sponsorships, freebies, food and beverages for staff, and printing of business cards.
AUTOMATIC DOUBLE TAX DEDUCTION
With effect from 1 April 2012, the DTD process has been enhanced to allow companies to automatically claim double tax deduction without approval from Singapore Tourism Board (STB). This applies to applications received from
and only for
of qualifying expenses per year of assessment.
(Important Note: Expenditure exceeding $100,000 per year of assessment still requires STB's approval. Please refer to the application process.)
here for more information on the enhanced DTD.
Companies can claim for DTD on qualifying expenditure from Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) when filing their annual income tax returns. However, companies need to maintain the relevant documentation as proof of expenditure and purpose, in case IRAS requests for them. Such documentation includes invoices, and receipts for the qualifying expenses.
For qualifying expenditure exceeding $100,000 per year of assessment, companies must submit their applications to STB for approval.
- Companies interested in applying for DTD for AIF can check whether an event has been accorded AIF status by clicking
here. For events that are not listed, please write to email@example.com to enquire.
- Companies must complete the DTD for AIF application form (click
here to download) and submit a soft copy and a hard copy to STB BEFORE the commencement of the event:
- Attach and submit the soft-copy of the application form (in Microsoft Excel format) online via
- Submit the original signed hard-copy of the application form by post to:
Singapore Tourism Board
1 Orchard Spring Lane
(Attention: Incentive Policy)
- Submission of supporting documents will only be required upon request.
- Companies will receive a letter of approval or rejection from STB. Companies do not need to wait for approval prior to commencement of the event.
- Companies have to submit the letter of approval from STB and relevant invoices or receipts for eligible expenses to IRAS when filing the company's annual income tax return to claim tax deduction.
- The Comptroller of Income Tax shall determine whether the expenses contained in the claim qualify for the double tax deduction.