The Management Associate Programme is a 12-month programme that offers you the opportunity to gain exposure and build knowledge in various aspects of the tourism sector. The programme includes:
- A compulsory onboarding programme,
- An attachment to our Singapore Visitors Centre (SVC); and
- Two 21-week divisional deployments within STB.
This structured training and development programme will introduce new graduates to the workings of the tourism sector, and help you develop both industry knowledge and strong interpersonal skills.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be permanently deployed to one of the divisions in STB to develop in-depth knowledge and expertise in a specific area.
The MA Programme is open to all Singaporean/PR fresh graduates. Candidates with the following qualities will be viewed favourably:
- Second upper Honours degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Excellent Co-Curricular Activities track record;
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Demonstration of diverse interests and a thirst for knowledge;
- Understanding of and passion for the tourism sector
STB accepts applications for the MA Programme from September to November every year.
As part of the selection process, suitable candidates will have to go through four stages of assessment:
- Submission of Video Clip (As part of application, candidates are required to submit a short 1-minute clip answering questions pertaining to STB. The questions can be found on the Careers@Gov portal)
- Preliminary Interview
- One-day Assessment Centre (Individual and Group Assessment Activities)
- Panel Interview with STB's Senior Management
Begin your journey with STB by applying for the Management Associate Programme through the Careers@Gov website.
LIFE AS A MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
The diversity and dynamism of our workplace allows for a multitude of roles available for our management associates to take on both at and outside of work. Our management associates have worked on exciting events like the Formula One Grand Prix, Singapore Art Week, ASEAN Tourism Forum, Singapore Tourism Awards and many more!
“I particularly appreciate the opportunity to experience two different attachments in the Board. Being a fresh graduate, these rotations are extremely useful in helping me build necessary skill sets and knowledge of the tourism sector. While I was given the autonomy to make decisions, there was great support and guidance from the team as well.”
Jazzy Wong, Management Associate
Click here to view the common FAQs for the MA programme.