Fast Forward, A Fund for Content Creators
What is Fast Forward?
Fast Forward, STB's fund for content creators, aims to inspire a culture of creativity by supporting film, video and animation projects that help tell a great Singapore story.
The fund will support up to 50% of the qualifying costs, capped at S$300,000 (excluding GST) per project.
Qualifying costs can cover 3rd party costs for:
- Creative Development and Conceptualisation
- Production and Execution
- Marketing and Promotions
100% of audit costs, capped at S$4,000 per project, will also be supported.
Audit reports are required prior to each disbursement of funds, where the Fund Recipient may receive up to 3 milestone payments.
When Can I Sign up?
Applications will be open from 1 to 31 January 2019.
Am I Eligible?
Fast Forward, a fund for content creators, is open to all Singapore-registered companies or Singaporean or Singapore-based individuals looking to create content which brings Singapore's storytelling efforts to life and reach wider global audiences.
Foreign organisations may participate, but the application must be made by the locally-registered office.
Proposed projects should be for the following mediums:
- Film such as feature films, short films, 'direct-to-video' movies
- Video such as travelogues, videos for social media and video sharing platforms, commentaries, magazine shows
- Animation such as stop-motion animation, digital animation
Projects must not have started production at the time of application and award. Projects may be in the pre-production stage which includes, but is not limited to, scripting, storyboarding, casting or site recceing. Production for film and video would begin once footage is recorded; i.e. principal shoot has commenced. Production for animation would begin when actual artowrk is created (for example, but not limited to, rough animation and colouring).
Please note that we have updated the Terms & Conditions, specifically in Paragraph 13. Third parties for qualifying costs must not be related to the Applicant. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions for more details.
How Will Submissions Be Evaluated?
Stage One: SHORTLISTING
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the following:
- Relevance to the theme of Passion Made Possible, including Passion Tribe(s) and the destination Singapore story
- Target Audience that is aligned with STB's priority market and segments
- Competencies required for project execution
Stage Two: PITCHING
Shortlisted applicants will be required to present to a judging panel. Proposals will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Strength of Storytelling - Creativity of the narrative including, but not limited to:
- Strength of the story
- How well Singapore is integrated into the story
- Alignment to the theme of Passion Made Possible and Passion Tribe(s)
- Strength of Marketing and/or Distribution Plan
- Track Record of the Company and/or Key Personnel
- Feasibility of Proposal - Viability of the proposal including, but not limited to:
- Reasonableness of the project budget relative to the proposal
- Feasibility of the execution plan and timeline
Applications will be assessed by a judging panel which includes:
- Ms Yuni Hadi, Executive Director at the Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF)
- Ms Wee Li Lin, Director at Bobbing Buoy Films
- Mr Benjamin Lee, Head of Digital & Social Content at Tribal Worldwide; also -1 of Singapore's pioneer online personalities, popularly known as Mr Miyagi
- Mr Terrence Voon, Director of Digital and Content at the Singapore Tourism Board
Stage One: Applications open from 1-31 January 2019.
Stage Two: Shortlisted applicants will be invited to pitch to our judging panel in March 2019.
Award: Award winners will be annouced in May 2019.
How can I apply?
You may submit all proposals and submission documents via email.
Email Address: FastForward@stb.gov.sg
Subject Title: Fast Forward: <Your Organisation Name>
Should you wish to submit additional hardcopy documents, please email FastForward@stb.gov.sg during the application period, and prior to your submission, to make the necessary arrangements.
All applications must be submitted to STB by 23:59 SGT on Thursday, 31 January 2019. Please refer to Terms & Conditions before submitting your application.
STB will be holding sharing sessions on the Fund for interested applicants on the following dates:
- 2 November 2018, Friday at 3pm at STB Auditorium Level 2
- 3 December 2018, Monday at 3pm at STB Auditorium Level 2
More about Fast Forward
As part of STB's Marketing Strategy, we recognise that "we must first have a great story, one that is of Singapore and its unique identity and history, told in endless ways by different people". As the story of a multi-faceted Singapore goes beyond tourism, in order to tell the great Singapore story in its entirety, we want to harness the collective efforts of Singaporeans.
STB also respects that there are many passionate homegrown content creators who can help us tell an authentic story. We thus hope that our funding can catalyse the creation of content by local-based companies and individuals.