11 October 2018 – The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) today launched Fast Forward, a $1 million fund to encourage Singaporean and Singapore-based content creators to create local content for a global audience.
Through this Fund, STB is seeking to support films, videos and animations that creatively feature Singapore and bring to life the Passion Made Possible brand or Passion Tribes. Applications will be open from 1 – 31 January, 2019, and content creators based in Singapore – such as filmmakers, vloggers, media companies and creative agencies – are welcome to apply.
Mr Terrence Voon, Director, Digital and Content, STB, said: "Singapore has a passionate community of content creators and storytellers who are already producing inspiring content and telling a great Singapore story. As part of our marketing strategy, we want to support home-grown talent and showcase content about our people, spirit and attitude in an authentic way. Through Fast Forward, we hope to turn more of such story ideas and concepts into reality, and bring their work to a global stage."
About Fast Forward
Submitted proposals must be relevant to destination marketing to a global audience and aligned with STB's target segments and markets. The Fund will support both original content proposals, as well as proposals that are adaptations of stories retold in a Singaporean context. It will support content that is in the early stages of development or in pre-production (please refer to terms and conditions).
Successful recipients of Fast Forward stand to receive up to 50% of qualifying costs (up to S$300,000 per entry), which includes third party costs for creative development, production, distribution and marketing. Only costs incurred in Singapore will be supported. In addition, successful applicants can look forward to amplification of their content on STB's touchpoints, such as STB's websites, social media channels, publications and out-of-home media platforms, both locally and in-market.
Proposals will be evaluated by a judging panel. Their judging criteria includes whether submissions are aligned with the Passion Made Possible brand, the creativity of storytelling, the impact of distribution and marketing plans, and the overall feasibility of the proposal in terms of budgets and timelines.
The judging panel comprises:
- Ms Yuni Hadi, Executive Director at the Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF)
- Mr Benjamin Lee, Head of Digital & Social Content Strategy at Tribal Worldwide; also one of Singapore's pioneer online personalities, popularly known as Mr Miyagi
- Ms Wee Li Lin, Director at Bobbing Buoy Films
- Mr Terrence Voon, Director of Digital and Content at the Singapore Tourism Board
More information on Fast Forward is available here
, and enquiries may be directed to FastForward@stb.gov.sg
 STB uses the "Passion Made Possible" brand to market Singapore internationally for tourism purposes. It presents Singapore's attitude and mind-set: a passion-driven, never-settling spirit of determination and enterprise that constantly pursues possibilities and reinvention.
 STB has grouped potential visitors together based on their lifestyles, interests, and what they travel for. There are seven major "Passion Tribes":
- Foodie: People who delight in culinary experiences
- Collector: People who enjoy shopping and curating items
- Explorer: People who enjoy exploring the outdoors and places of interest
- Action Seeker: People who seek out thrills and sporting events
- Culture Shaper: People who enjoy immersing in the arts and culture
- Socialiser: People who enjoy making meaningful connections through music and entertainment
- Progressor: Business travellers seeking to connect, collaborate and innovate
Additional key terms and conditions include:
- The content must not be for the sole purpose of marketing any commercial brand or product.
- Intellectual property ownership will be fully retained by the fund recipient and STB will obtain rights to adapt the content to market both the Fund and Singapore as a destination, for at least one year.
- For the comprehensive set of terms and conditions, please visit: www.stb.gov.sg/fastforward
– End –
About the Singapore Tourism Board
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is the lead development agency for tourism, one of Singapore's key economic sectors. Together with industry partners and the community, we shape a dynamic Singapore tourism landscape. We bring the Passion Made Possible brand to life by differentiating Singapore as a vibrant destination that inspires people to share and deepen their passions. For more information, visit www.stb.gov.sg or www.visitsingapore.com or follow us on Twitter @STB_sg (https://twitter.com/stb_sg).