Dear Singapore Tourism Industry Partner,
AN INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
STB Greater China's Trade Roadshows in Second-Tier Cities
1st Series: Fuzhou and Nanning, 16 – 18 October 2017
Greetings from the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) Greater China team!
China is a key and top source market for Singapore tourism, both in terms of visitor arrivals and tourism receipts. In recent years, STB has also recognised the strong market potential from Chinese second-tier cities, and hence has actively expanded our marketing presence and trade engagement efforts in 16 Tier 2 cities. Such efforts have helped us record over 802,000 visitor arrivals from these 16 targeted cities in 2016, a strong 53% growth over 2015's figures.
However, Chinese consumers from these Tier 2 and 3 cities have become increasingly more sophisticated and spoilt for choice for holiday destinations. It is therefore critical for STB and our Singapore trade partners to increase the visibility and awareness of Destination Singapore amongst our Chinese travel trade partners. By reaching out and sharing the latest offerings and experiences, we hope that both the China travel agents and consumers will view Singapore as a must-visit destination, a place that allows them to fulfil their passion pursuits and experience endless possibilities!
As such, we would like to extend a warm invitation to our Singapore trade partners to come and join us and our valued partner, Changi Airport Group, at our upcoming Trade Roadshows in Second-Tier Cities. The first series will be held in Fuzhou and Nanning, on 16 and 18 October 2017 respectively.
Objectives of Trade Roadshows
The event aims to:
- Present Singapore as a vibrant, attractive and welcoming tourist destination for the Chinese second-tier markets.
- Strengthen the awareness of Singapore as a compelling leisure and MICE destination by sharing the latest products and offerings available in Singapore.
- Provide a platform for participants to network, build relationships and enter into collaborations.
- Get in-market feedback from Chinese second-tier cities' trade and better understand the needs of the travellers from different regions/cities across China.
Dates and Cities
- 16 October 2017, Monday: Fuzhou, Fujian Province
- 18 October 2017, Wednesday: Nanning, Guangxi Province
Programme of Roadshow
|Fuzhou & Nanning||1330 - 1430|
1430 - 1500
1500 - 1645
1645 - 1700
|Registration & Welcome|
Destination Presentation by STB
Networking Session & Coffee Break
End of Programme
|To be confirmed|
* Note that the Programme is subject to change upon confirmed list of participants.
- Expected Attendance: 80 -100 Chinese travel agents per city
- Expected Profile of Attendees:
- Key product, marketing and/or sales managers of local outbound travel agents from Fuzhou and Nanning, respectively, and their surrounding cities.
- Chinese agents who have existing Singapore tour products, or have expressed keen interest to sell Singapore tours.
- Participation fee is S$500 per city (i.e. a total of $1,000 for 2 cities). Kindly note that priority will be given to partners who wish to participate in both cities.
- Participants are advised to make their own travel arrangements (i.e. flights, transfers, accommodation, visa (if required), etc.) to and within China. Participants are also required to make their own arrangement for translation services, if necessary.
- Participation fee includes a maximum limit of two (2) representatives from each company.
- STB would also like to seek our Singapore partners' support to contribute attractive prizes for the roadshow in each city so as to encourage attendance by in market travel agents. As a prize sponsor, your company will receive acknowledgement during the prize announcement and concurrently your company logo will be presented on the background main screen during the lucky draw segment.
- There will be a participation limit of 25 companies. As STB and CAG will like to encourage Singapore trade to actively tap on this platform to increase their visibility and business networks in China's second-tier cities, priority will be given to partners who register for both cities.
- Registration for participation will be considered strictly upon submission of your registration form, on a first-come-first served basis. STB reserves the right to decide on the final shortlisted participants. Successful companies will receive a confirmation email of their participation by 28 September (Thursday) 2017.
- By submitting an application for participation, and by participating in this trade event, you acknowledge acceptance and compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Participation. Should you need to withdraw your participation, please notify STB immediately so that (i) you may avoid the penalties listed in Clause 19; (ii) we may invite your fellow industry partners who are on the waiting list, and/ or manage costs related to your withdrawal.
- Should you have any queries or need further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact STB Greater China's contact persons:
We look forward to seeing you in Fuzhou and Nanning!
 Note: The 2nd series of STBGC's Trade Roadshows in Zhengzhou, Wuhan, and Chongqing will be held from 4 – 8 December 2017 (TBC). A separate invitation letter will be sent out at a later date.