To cultivate talent and capability in the tourism sector, STB offers an attractive scholarship programme to tertiary and university students keen to pursue a career with us.
The STB scholarship programme allows you to pursue your passions while providing you with important networking opportunities, support and career development.
As part of the Scholarship Programme, scholars will have to complete a mid-term internship at STB HQ (Singapore) for at least 10 weeks by their second year of study.
Upon graduation, scholars will be put on the Management Associate Programme and undergo a 12-month training period – this includes a compulsory onboarding programme, an attachment to our Singapore Visitors Centre (SVC) and two divisional deployments for 21 weeks each within STB. After the 12-month training period, scholars will be assigned to work at a specific department.
Our Scholarship Programme covers the following:
- Actual cost of tuition, examinations & related fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Pre-studies allowance
- Trip allowances
- Language study fees (where applicable)
- Summer/Exchange Programme (subject to approval)
- Masters/Postgraduate studies (subject to approval)
- Any other compulsory application fees
Country of Study
|Duration of Study||Service Period|
|US/UK||3 to 4 years||6 years|
|France, Germany, Japan, China, India||4 to 6 years||5 years|
|Singapore||3 to 4 years||4 years|
Scholars may also be given support to pursue postgraduate studies, subject to organisational considerations.
The programme is open to all Singaporeans/PRs.
Interested candidates should preferably have:
- An excellent academic record
- An excellent Co-Curricular Activities record
- A strong interest in Tourism and the desire to contribute positively to Singapore's economy
There are two cycles for applications:
- Early Cycle: Opens November
- Main Cycle: Opens March (Application closes 2 weeks after the release of 'A' Level results)
Suitable candidates will be required to undergo five stages of assessment:
- Preliminary Interview
- Assessment Centre (Individual and Group Assessment activities)
- Panel Interview with STB's Senior Management
Full-term Scholarship application is now open! Begin your journey with STB by applying for the STB Scholarship here.
LIFE AS A SCHOLAR
|"My current stint at the Travel Agents and Tourist Guides Division affirms my belief that the nature of our work at STB, in addition to being fun and dynamic, is meaningful as it direclty impacts the lives of people in our society. I am fortunate to work with a wonderful team of people in STB who have an unwavering commitment to make policy decisions that have real and positive impact on the lives of Singaporeans."
Wan Qian Ling, Current Scholar