With a track record of hosting Asia’s most prominent events, Singapore continues to deliver innovative solutions for the transfer of knowledge, ideas and connections to drive new possibilities for the Business Travel and Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions and Exhibitions (BTMICE) sector in Singapore.
Singapore is a modern metropolis and business gateway offering global organisations access to the fast-evolving Asian region and beyond. It has all the basics of a good host: a pro-business environment, world-class facilities and infrastructure, professional services, award winning unique event venues and cool attractions, all in a rich and unique Asian setting like nowhere else. It is no wonder that Singapore has hosted many world-class events and is consistently voted as a top MICE destination in the world.
In addition, Singapore is a major air, sea and telecommunications hub in Asia. From its strategic position, it offers market access to 4 billion people within a 7-hour flight radius. With flights from 400 cities in 100 countries and territories, Singapore is easily accessible from anywhere around the world, making it an ideal place for your business event.
The Singapore Exhibition & Convention BureauTM (SECB)
SECB is the lead government agency that champions the business events industry in Singapore. It aims to establish Singapore as a dynamic business events destination where an ecosystem of ideas, people, and technology draws on vibrant knowledge and wide networks.
SECB encourages the business events industry to anchor and grow quality events as well as catalyse the innovation of new content. It continues to support the evolving and varied needs of the industry and build a strong pipeline of business events in Singapore.
To qualify for Double Tax Deduction, events must be AIF-approved. Please click here for AIF application process.
List of AIF Approved Events
|ITB Asia 2020||Asia TV Forum 2021||Asia Pacific Maritime 2022|
|Asia Pacific Maritime 2020||||Singapore Airshow 2022|
|Singapore Airshow 2020|||
|Medical Fair Asia 2020 (AIF) co-located with Occupational Safety + Health Exhibition for Asia (OSHA)|
*Note that the 2020 list is not exhaustive.
SECB has partnered local tourism players to develop two programmes - In Singapore Incentives & Rewards (INSPIRE) and Singapore MICE Advantage Programme (SMAP) that enhance Singapore’s offerings as an award-winning MICE destination.
In Singapore Incentives & Rewards (INSPIRE)
In Singapore Incentives & Rewards (INSPIRE) is a rewards programme consisting of curated itineraries which centres on the best of Singapore's dining, entertainment and attractions suited for the respective markets.
SECB and its partners have launched packages with experiences that will appeal to incentive travellers from each market. These packages are not available for sale commercially.
For more details on INSPIRE progammes, please click here .
Singapore MICE Advantage Programme (SMAP)
The Changi Airport Group, Singapore Airlines Limited and SECB have leveraged their combined experience in the meetings industry to develop the Singapore MICE Advantage Programme (SMAP). This programme offers enhanced meeting experiences for event organisers and overseas MICE visitors and is intended to complement the Business Events in Singapore (BEiS) incentive scheme currently offered by SECB.
With this programme, event organisers can look forward to cost savings and smoother event planning and operations. MICE delegates travelling to Singapore to attend SMAP-supported events can also enjoy exclusive airline and airport benefits.
For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other than providing financial support, SECB also offers non-financial support that may include our facilitation in securing venues; introductions with leading government agencies, local associations and business partners as well as marketing and publicity support such as street banner support, logo support and event listing here .
- Best BT-MICE City 2018 for the 8th consecutive year (TTG Travel Awards 2019)
- Asia Pacific’s Top Convention City for the 17th consecutive year (International Congress and Convention Association Global Rankings 2018)
- Top International Meeting Country (Union of International Associations Global Rankings 2018)
- #1 Top Asia Pacific Destination for the 3rd consecutive year (Cvent Top Meeting Destinations in Asia Pacific 2019)
- Best Convention Bureau (CEI Asia Pacific Readers’ Choice Awards 2018)
- Best MICE Destination in Asia Pacific (Travel Weekly Asia Readers’ Choice Awards 2018)
- Best Convention & Visitors Bureau - Asia (M&C Asia Stella Awards 2019)
- Best MICE Destination- Asia (M&C Asia Stella Awards 2019)
- Best Business City in Asia 2019 (Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Travel Awards 2018)
- #1 in World’s Most Competitive Economy (Global Competitiveness Report 2019, World Economic Forum)
- Asia’s first and World’s third for Best Protection of Intellectual Property (The Global Competitiveness Report 2018, World Economic Forum)
- World’s Second Easiest Place to do Business in the World (Doing Business 2019 Report, World Bank)
- Best Business Environment in the World (Economist Intelligence Unit Country Forecasts Report 2017-2021)
- Top Asia Pacific City of the Future (fDi’s Asia Pacific Cities of the Future 2019/20)
- Ranked first in the world for Order and Security (World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2017-2019)
- Top “Technology Ready” Country in Asia Pacific, and ranked 1st in the World for Business & Innovation Environment (The Global Information Technology Report 2016, World Economic Forum)
This section lists resources which the industry can tap on, such as research findings. For industry members who wish to receive a copy of the reports below, please email Seetha_ELANKOVAN@stb.gov.sg with your full name, designation, company, name of the report and its intended use.
- Reimagining Business Events - Through COVID-19 and Beyond, 2021: This white paper aims to outline how the global business events sector can reimagine its offerings and better future-proof itself through innovation. Presented by STB, in partnership with the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) and UFI (Global Association of the Exhibition Industry).
- Business Visitor Needs Study, 2014: The focus of the study was to understand the needs of business event visitors and how Singapore has met these needs.
MICE Perception Study, 2014: The study aims to understand Singapore's current perceived positioning for the MICE sector.
Environmental Sustainability in the Singapore Business Events Industry, 2015: This report reviews the current sustainability practices, key challenges and opportunities in the local business events industry. The best practices of industry members who have had notable success in promoting environmental sustainability are also highlighted in this report.