ADVISORY ON NOVEL CORONAVIRUS PNEUMONIA
23 JAN 2020
Singapore is monitoring the situation closely, and we are taking concrete measures to strengthen our defences.
Travellers who have arrived in Singapore from China should monitor their health closely for 2 weeks upon entering Singapore and seek medical attention promptly if they feel unwell, and also inform their doctor of their travel history. If they have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose), they should wear a mask and call the clinic ahead of the visit.
Travellers should adopt the following precautions at all times
- Avoid contact with live animals including poultry and birds, and consumption of raw and undercooked meats;
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough or runny nose;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell.
Please refer to Ministry of Health (MOH) (https://www.moh.gov.sg) for updates on the local situation regarding the pneumonia cluster in Wuhan.