Experience Step-Up Fund (ESF)
The Experience Step-Up Fund (ESF) supports development and enhancement of tourism experiences that increase the attractiveness of Singapore to visitors, hence improving overall visitor experience and satisfaction in Singapore
The ESF is open to all businesses/companies or associations registered in Singapore, and government bodies.
Proposed projects should fall under one of the following categories:
- Development of new products and experiences
- Content enhancements at existing attractions and precincts
- Technology enablers
- Amenities enhancements within retail malls and attractions
- Infrastructure enhancements
LEVEL OF SUPPORT
Successful applicants will receive funding support of up to 70% of qualifying costs, subject to the scope of the project and STB's evaluation of the merits of the project. Qualifying costs may include third-party project-related costs such as professional services, hardware/equipment and software, materials and consumables, production (1), and/or marketing (2) costs; and internal manpower costs (limited to tour development projects).
(1) For production costs of new products and/or new packaging for souvenirs, funding support is only applicable to the first run of production
(2) For marketing costs of qualifying media (print, digital and video) for overseas promotion/distribution, funding support is only applicable for a maximum period of 6 months
Proposed projects will be assessed on how they develop tourism experiences to improve visitor satisfaction (especially tourists), increase footfall, increase revenue and/or enhancing the overall destination branding.
For all other applications (i.e. non-call-for-proposals), interested applicants are advised to provide an executive summary of the proposed project, using the template provided here, to STB_Incentives@stb.gov.sg. An STB officer will be in touch to assist you further. The STB officer in-charge of your project will advise you if your proposed project is eligible for ESF and to proceed with the application.
Please note that projects that have commenced prior to STB’s offer of the grant may not be eligible.
DISBURSEMENT OF GRANT
Grants will be disbursed to successful applicants on a reimbursement basis, subject to achievement of the agreed project deliverables and milestones. Applicants are required to submit third-party audited documents on qualifying costs for the disbursement of grants, unless otherwise stated.